Wednesday 26 September 2012

No time for a break

I am now well into a period of the semester comically referred to as a break, but in actuality it's two weeks to do school work without the distraction of school. Unfortunately I'm off to a slow start.

I figured that I needed to have a clear plan otherwise I will waste more precious time, so I need to work out what needs the most attention now because it's unlikely that I would have all the animation complete at the end of next week. So onto my to do list:

  • The geisha house scene.
    The geisha house has the most complex animations, there are walk cycles, odd camera angles and lots of acting from a character that has no mouth or pupils. I have already started on this by reworking a shot I wasn't happy with and I think it works better now.
  • Sound design.
    With more 'free time' on my hands this gives me an opportunity to have a meeting with Matt to go over my sound design and let him know what I'm after and see what he thinks.
     
  • Everything else.
    I figured I would tackle scene two next as most of the animation is there and the background is complete so this should be a relatively quick process. Scene one should be the simplest, the shots are simple and I'm pretty happy with the pencil tests so far, the only tricky bit could be the messenger's armour.
I've also added a rough soundtrack to the running comp with sound effects and music. I combined the music Nathan did with some additional music I found. This is far from the finished product and it's not even what I want it to sound like but it gives me a better idea of how it will sound with music and sound effects. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment